6.01.2012

excitement times two.

hello hello!
i have two exciting bits of information to share today.
number one.
he finally did it!!!!!!!!!
i am an engaged human and couldn't be happier about it.  everything was so perfect and he was even able to surprise me.
matthew picked the ring out himself and i love it.  when i get back from california i will post about how it happened.

and the second exciting thing is that eryka from from abcde is going to guest post for me today.
i love her and her blog and you are all in for a treat.
take it away lady...


Hello Life As I Know It readers. You are probably wondering what the heck? Where is Amy? Well, miss Amy asked me to keep her blog company for the day. Im, Eryka from ABCDE. ABCDE is a lifestyle blog where I post about my life as a wifey and share things I love//things that inspire me. I am the type of girl who loves the color pink, gets way too attached to book//movie//tv characters, I am married to my best friend, I love pasta and probably could eat it everyday, trust me I don't! 




Amy told me I had free reign on what I wanted to talk about today.....I thought about it and seemed like this was the fitting topic. Since Amy is going to a be a Wife soon. I thought I would talk about a few things I have learned as a Wife. I am no expert, but I try my hardest to be the best wifey I can. 


I think a lot of girls think when they get married everything will peachy keen. Let me tell you it isn't. Before my husband Daniel and I got married I read a few books on marriage. They really helped me know what can of wife I wanted to be to Daniel and what kind of marriage I wanted. 

You can read all the books in the world but, the only way you can be any of those things is acting on them. I wanted and still strive to be the best wife I can be but, I quickly learned that I am not perfect. Shocking, huh? 

During the first few weeks I would get up early when Dan was getting ready for work and make him a lunch. This was my way of showing him how much I appreciated him and his hard work. After a few weeks of this, I stopped and I felt terrible, felt like I was a failure as a wife. {funny now I look back on it. haha} That is just one story of how I let the little things make me feel down. 


No matter my faults Dan loves me. I can't even tell you all the times he has held me while I cry about how I think I am a sucky wife. All the while he strokes my hair and tells me I am the best wife he has ever had. {if you Dan then you would laugh...I am his only wife he has ever had...haha}. I have since learned that I not perfect and it's ok. All that matters is that I am the kind of wife I want to be to Dan. A loving, caring, supportive, and not perfect one. That is ok with me! 

What I am trying to say, is wether you are married, engaged, or single you can always be preparing to be the kind of Wife you want to be. Something I did before we got married was write down a few goals for marriage. I challenge you to do the same. It can be a few or a bunch up to you. Some of mine were: 

+ pray together daily 
+ make time for each other 
+ hold hands often
+ say i love you everyday more than once
+ have date night once a week {out or in}
+ always support each other 
+ to remember its ok to disagree on things
+ laugh with each other


 I hope you all enjoyed this post and at least took away one thing from it. I loved being over here today. Thanks Amy for letting me. Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!! 

You can find me here: 

XO 
Eryka

thanks eryka, this will definitely come in handy for me and many others i'm sure.
have a fun weekend all.
love.
the newly engaged
amyLynn

14 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your engagement Amy!!! How exciting!! So happy for you both :)

Ali said...

Congratulations on your engagement! The boy did well, that ring is GORGEOUS!
xo

Kelly Clark said...

Love the ring! Congratulations! Hope you're having a lovely time in Cali :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

congrats! that is one pretty ring.

paige and jord said...

AMY!!!!!!!!!! how exciting. im jumping up and down over and over again for you. CONGRATS GIRL!! cant wait to hear all about it. love ya!

Unknown said...

Way to go! The Boy did DANG good on the ring!!! Props!

Alana Christine said...

Holy mother of pearl, that ring is gorgeous!! He did a great job! I'm so excited for you!

Unknown said...

yayyy congrats!

Tatiana said...

Awww, that's so wonderful :) Congrats!

Zia
singing-blue.blogspot.ca

Richson said...

James Harden will lead Oklahoma City Thunder to beat San Antonio Spurs manu ginobili Jersey and maillot tony parker , they will go to the final game,Let us GO, OKC,Eojoy james harden jersey and russell westbrook jersey,LeBron james floridians Jersey will wear Nike Zoom Kobe VII

Anna said...

Oh my gosh, congrats!! I can't wait to hear how it happened!! :)

Adrienne said...

Beautiful ring!! Congrats, Amy and Matt!

Ashley Eliza said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am dying!!! congrats girl!!! i must see this beauty of a ring in person. im dying over it. xoxooxoxoxoox

Haley Brianna said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :) I can't wait to hear about how he proposed! That's so awesome. I hope your vacation has been going amazing. You deserve one with that fiancé of yours!