9.30.2013

go bananas, b-a-n-a-n-a-s

bananas.
they are quite delicious, good in smoothies, cereal, or ice cream, but you can only have so much.
plus, they go bad so quickly.
last month i found myself with six over ripe bananas of my own, and then inherited some from my mother in law.  i looked near and far for recipes with bananas that were not only delicious, but quick and easy as well.

here are the top three:

cinnamon {chocolate chip} banana bread
picture and recipe adapted from here

I added chocolate chips to this bread recipe because i am a believer that chocolate makes things better.  and it is defintiely the case for this banana bread.  i also used wheat flour and it tasted just fine!  I have made this recipe 4 or 5 times and it's always gone in a day or two.

Banana Bread Bars (my favorite!!)
picture and recipe adapted from here

once again i added chocolate chips to the recipe.  i was out of sour cream so i used some vanilla greek yogurt in its place and it worked just great.  these turned out so moist and delicious.  matt and i seriously ate the whole pan in just a few days.

Banana Oatmeal Muffins
picture and recipe adapted from here

these were so easy to make!  i love that there is no flour needed.  perfect for breakfast to go.

and there you have it, my three favorite banana recipes.  let me know if you try them, and what you think!

No comments: